Find us on
The Brookline Community Foundation (BCF) is committed to building public understanding about community needs and to engaging residents in finding solutions to our shared challenges.
- Read our newest report, "Understanding Brookline."
Emerging Trends and Changing Needs
BCF recently launched the Understanding Brookline Initiative to put a spotlight on current trends and needs in our community. In the first phase of our research, we commissioned a comprehensive analysis of U.S. Census and other data that offers insight into the changing demographic and socioeconomic profile of our town.
- Download the full text of "Phase One: Understanding Brookline."
In a second, related research effort, BCF trustees met with more than 30 community leaders, asking what they see as the most pressing needs in our community.
In a first-of-its-kind report, BCF shares important findings from both projects.
- Download "Understanding Brookline."
- Download the Executive Summary
- Tell us what you think! We appreciate your feedback on this report and your suggestions for future research.
Join the Conversation
In 2013, Brookline is a changing community. The strengths and resources of our town continue to make it a highly desirable place to live, but we also have significant questions to address:
- How can we nurture the diversity and vibrancy of our community in a time of rising costs and income disparity?
- How do we build on the strengths of Brookline’s civic infrastructure to address the most persistent and newly emerging needs of Brookline residents?
- What creative solutions and new or strengthened collaborations can help us ensure Brookline is a great place to live for all residents?
We hope our research will inspire conversations at all levels in our community. With your input and support, we can work together to build a better Brookline.