Featuring Barry Bluestone, Professor of Political Economy at the Kitty and Michael Dukakis Center for Urban and Regional Policy at Northeastern University
Thursday, Feb. 26, 6-8 p.m. at the Brookline Teen Center
- Attendees are encouraged to bring a food or hygiene item which will be donated to the Brookline Emergency Food Pantry.
- Please note that there is limited parking on surrounding streets and at Pierce School, 50 School Street. For help finding the parking lot at Pierce School, please look for a BCF volunteer holding a sign with the BCF logo.
Thank you to our generous corporate sponsors: Boston Portfolio Advisers; Bove & Langa, P.C.; Brookline Bank; Chobee Hoy Associates Real Estate, Inc.; Eastern Bank; Kaplan Construction; Law Office of Robert L. Allen, Jr., LLP; Mason Investment Advisory Services, Inc.; Smith, Sullivan and Brown, P.C.; and TripAdvisor Charitable Foundation.
Latest BCF Research Report Understanding Brookline: A Report on Poverty
BCF launched the Understanding Brookline: A Report on Poverty, a follow up to Understanding Brookline: Emerging Trends and Changing Needs. The finding that has garnered the most attention from the first Understanding Brookline report is the 13% poverty rate (based on the 2010 U.S. Census) in Brookline.Understanding Brookline: A Report on Poverty explains who makes up the 13%, what factors cause financial stress, and highlights Brookline agencies already addressing poverty and the resources they currently provide. To engage the community in a discussion of the report's findings, BCF will host an Understanding Brookline forum at the Brookline Teen Center on February 26, 2015.
2013 Annual Report
Brookline Forward Published
BCF published Brookline Forward, a report that builds on the Foundation's first Understanding Brookline report. We asked town leaders and experts to identify areas where the Foundation and its donors could make the most substantial, and lasting, impact. Those ideas became our three-year plan of action, which are:
- Reduce and Alleviate Poverty
- Expand Opportunities for Youth
- Invest in the Foundation's Capacity
who we are
Welcome to the Brookline Community Foundation
BCF is a nonprofit organization that exists to promote a strong, engaged and inclusive community. BCF identifies and raises awareness of community needs, creates forums for public dialogue and problem solving, inspires philanthropy and volunteerism, and advances equal access to community resources and opportunities while strengthening and sustaining local nonprofits.
- We partner with donors like you to raise money to support the causes you care about.
- We work with community groups to assess needs and solve problems through targeted grantmaking.
- We lead on important community issues to identify levers of change and to move Brookline forward.
Brookline Community Foundation is confirmed by the Council on Foundations as operating in compliance with National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations.