Find us on
- The Town of Brookline currently has 56,166 residents, 23.7% of those residents were born outside of the United States.
- Approximately, 27% of Brookline's residents (over the age of five) speak a language other than English at home.
- The median age of a Brookline resident is 35.2 years old.
- Brookline High School has 1,826 students that represent 75 nations.
- 12.4% of Brookline's population is 65 and older.
- The median household income of Brookline is $92,451.
- 69.3% of Brookline residents (16 and over) are in the labor force.
- Presently, 13% of Brookline residents live below the federal poverty level.
- 10% of Brookline school children receive free and subsidized school lunches.
- The total number of housing units in Brookline is 25,193, 94.8% of which are occupied.
- 78% of Brookline's residents live in multi-family homes.
- 48.7% of Brookline's residents live in rentals.
- 97% of Brookline residents are high school graduates.
- Many individuals continued their education after high school, 78.6% of Brookline residents have a Bachelor's Degree.
- 45.3% have a professional or graduate degree.
Quality Of Life
- Brookline has more than 2,500 businesses, most of which are small services or trades; many of which are home-based.
- Most of the population works in management and professional occupations.
- Brookline has more than 50 parks, playgrounds, playing fields and nature sanctuaries.
To learn more about Brookline please visit: